WIRB Fee Payment
VCU's IRB of record for industry-funded human subjects research is Western Institutional Review Board (WIRB). There are options for paying the fees WIRB charges for its review: 1) arrange to have the company pay WIRB directly, or 2) have the Office of Research and Innovation pay the fees and reimburse the Office.
To arrange for the company to pay WIRB directly:
- Provide OIP with a communication (e.g., email) from the company a) stating that WIRB can invoice the company directly, and b) providing the contact name and address to which invoices should be sent.
- Copy the billing information onto the last page of the WIRB Initial Review Submission Requirements form, lines 54a-d.
To arrange for the Office of Research and Innovation to pay WIRB:
- Provide OIP with a valid Banner Index Code (the Office of Research and Innovation will pay WIRB, then reimburse itself from the account you provide).
- Provide that Banner Index Code on the last page of the WIRB Initial Review Submission Requirements form, line 54h.
- To be reimbursed, invoice the company. Remember to invoice for the applicable fees plus 25%, to account for the university’s F&A charge.