New and New-to-VCU Research Development Checklist
There are several critical tasks that investigators must undertake when launching their research agendas at VCU. See the Research Development Checklist. Note that individual academic units may have more specific requirements. Therefore, this checklist is only meant to be a guide.
Getting Help From Around VCU
- VCU Centers and Institutes: Virginia Commonwealth University’s Centers and Institutes (ICs) work across disciplines and research to create new knowledge. Representing some of the most cutting edge investigations taking place in the world today, the VCU’s ICs conduct unique investigative collaborations to add value to the university in terms of intellectual power, resources and collaborative potential, extramural funding and resource development.
- Center for Clinical and Translational Research: The CCTR’s Research Incubator works directly with individual investigators and research teams throughout the course of their projects to identify and access resources, match researchers with collaborators and mentors, and provide training.
- VCU Libraries: The Researchers Support research guides provide access to information and library experts that will facilitate your investigations in data management, community engaged research, patient safety, and much more.
- The Statistics and Analytics Consulting Lab (SACL): Offers assistance to faculty and graduate students in study and experiment design, statistical planning for grant writing, data management, statistical analysis of data, and interpretation of results.
- Technology Services: Provides statistical consulting in selecting appropriate statistical analysis methods, software and/or procedures for analysis, interpretation of results, using the statistical packages available at VCU, determining sample size, and collecting and inputting data.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations: This office works to secure private support for university priorities by fostering relationships with corporations, foundations and other philanthropic organizations. Their website includes important resources to consider as you pursue foundation funding. Before submitting any proposal to a private sponsor, you must notify CFR staff of your intentions.
Research Development Contacts
Identify and contact your unit’s research development personnel to find out grant submission processes and resources.