Undergraduate Research Presentation and Publication Opportunities
There are a number of opportunities for the presentation and/or publication of research and scholarly activities of undergraduate students. Some are specific to VCU, whereas others are regional or national. We also encourage you to talk with faculty in your department/school about opportunities for you to present at professional conferences.
National Research Presentation Opportunities and Events
CUR National Conference - The National Conferences on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), established in 1987, is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students.
CUR Posters on the Hill - The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) hosts an annual undergraduate poster session on Capitol Hill. This event is designed to help members of Congress understand the importance of undergraduate research by talking directly with the students whom these programs impact.
Posters on the Hill – U.S. Capitol Session
- Abstract Deadline: November 2013 - check site for specifics
- Conference: Date to be announced - check site for specifics
- Location: Washington, DC
- Format: Poster Only
Eastern Student Research Forum (ESRF) - a three-day international symposium hosted by the University of Miami School of Medicine and sponsored by the American Medical Association Education and Research Foundation.
Great Plains Students' Psychology Convention - provides a national forum for psychology students to present their research.
National Collegiate Honors Council - The National Collegiate Honors Council is the professional association of undergraduate Honors programs and colleges. It holds an annual conference that includes opportunities for undergraduate honors student presentations.
National Student Research Forum - meeting for the presentation of research by medical students, interns, and graduate students in the biomedical sciences.
NCSU Undergraduate Research Symposium - annual NC State University undergraduate research symposium. Program designed to give undergraduate students the opportunity to present their research in a national forum.
UNI Undergraduate Social Science Research Conference - annual undergraduate social science research conference held by the University of Northern Iowa.
Western Student Medical Research Forum (WSRF) - symposium for medical students to present original papers.
Opportunities for Publication of Undergraduate Research
- Auctus, the Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Scholarship at VCU
- Agora Papers
- Baldwin-Wallace College Journal of Research and Creative Studies
- Berkeley Undergraduate Journal
- Eastern Oregon Science Journal
- Elon Journal of Undergraduate Research in Communications
- EvoS Journal: The Journal of the Evolutionary Studies Consortium
- Furman University Electronic Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Harvard Political Review
- Harvard Undergraduate Research Journal
- Illinois Wesleyan University Undergraduate Economic Review
- Impulse: An Undergraduate Journal for Neuroscience
- Involve - A Journal of Mathematics
- Issues in Political Economy
- Journal for Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Journal of International Affairs
- Journal of Politics and Society - Columbia University
- Journal of Science and Health a the University of Alabama - JOSHUA
- Journal of Undergraduate Chemistry Research
- Journal of Undergraduate Research - MSU
- Journal of Undergraduate Research - UF
- Journal of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Excellence
- Journal of Undergraduate Research in Physics
- Journal of Young Investigators
- Missouri Journal of Mathematical Sciences
- MIT Undergraduate Research Journal
- National Undergraduate Research Clearinghouse
- Pacific Northwest Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
- Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring
- Philologia: Undergraduate Research Journal for Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Pittsburgh Undergraduate Review
- Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Mathematics Journal
- Stanford Undergraduate Research Journal
- Student Pulse
- The Kennessaw Tower
- The Pentagon
- The Politic
- The Tower
- The UCI Undergraduate Research Journal
- The Yale Philosophy Review
- The Yale Review of Undergraduate Research in Psychology
- UCLA Undergraduate Journal of Economics
- Undergraduate Research Journal - DISCOVERY
- Undergraduate Research Journal - IUSB
- Undergraduate Research Journal for the Human Sciences
- University of Michigan Undergraduate Research Journal
- UT Austin Undergraduate Research Journal
- VA Engage Journal
- Valley Humanities Review
- Young Scholars in Writing: Undergraduate Research