Disposal of Unwanted, or Expired, Controlled Substances
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) through email@example.com provides contact information for reverse distributors who are licensed by the DEA and who have contracts with VCU. With prior approval from firstname.lastname@example.org, OVPRI will pay invoices associated with the costs of reverse distribution and disposal of controlled substances.
- Email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Current state and DEA registration numbers and expiration dates
- List of controlled substances, and amounts, in need of disposal
- If requesting assistance with invoice payment, indicate this in your email.
- If invoice payment by OVPRI has been requested, wait for the approval email from firstname.lastname@example.org before contacting the reverse distributor/vendor.
- Follow reverse distributors instructions carefully and do not send any controlled substances until you are authorized to do so by the vendor (typically you will need prior approval from the vendor).
- Upon receipt of the controlled substances the reverse distributor will send you a report listing the substances they have accepted into their inventory and their DEA registration number. You should keep a copy of this report for your records.
- Upon receipt of vendor’s invoice forward this invoice to email@example.com.
Information about Return Logistics International Service Center (RLI), a VCU contract vendor.
Address: 22 Artley Road, Savannah, GA 31408
Voice (912) 748-5100
Fax (912) 748-5102
Advance Ship Notice
Customers are required to fax, email or mail a completed ASN package to the Return Center. The ASN is provided by RLI after the customer contacts RLI with a request to ship. After RLI receives the completed package, RLI will issue the customer a Return Order Number.
Note: Never ship any controlled substances to Return Logistics International (RLI) until you have been given a Return Order Number, and make sure this number is on the shipping label.
If approved by firstname.lastname@example.org you may use the following Billing Information:
Company name: Virginia Commonwealth University
Contact name: Cathleen Finnerty
Contact title: Business Manager
Contact Phone: 804-828-3536, email: email@example.com
Address: 800 East Leigh Street, Suite 300, Box 980568
City: Richmond, State: VA, Zip: 23298-0568