Postdoctoral Career & Mentoring Resources
- FASEB Individual Development Plan
- Individual Development Plan web-based tool
- Career Information from the National Postdoc Association
- Career Resources from AAAS
The PFF program offers a series of short courses and professional development opportunities for students interested in pursuing careers in higher education. PFF courses introduce students to the roles and responsibilities of higher education, address teaching and learning issues in the college classroom and provide supervised internship opportunities. Postdoctoral scholars at VCU are eligible to take these courses with permission of the PFF program. Postdoctoral scholars taking these courses may be eligible for tuition assistance.
Mentoring is recognized as an important component to career success in the academic environment. The following links provide several resources related to mentoring and being mentored.
- VCU Graduate School Mentoring Handbook
- Mentoring International Postdocs
- Responsible Conduct in Research Mentoring
- Resources for the Development of Early Career Scientists from HHMI
The NSF is now requiring mentoring plans in all proposals that include postdoctoral scholars.