Our services cover the full range of the grant life cycle, including identifying sponsors, building collaborative teams, supporting proposal development, providing training, and working with funding agencies.
Project development support:
- Assist with project design.
- Liaise with funding agencies.
- Provide grant writing training throughout the year.
- Identify current and relevant funding opportunities.
- Disseminate funding opportunities.
- Match funding opportunities with investigators.
- Identify and maintain collaboration tools.
- Identify internal and external collaborators.
Proposal development support:
- Assist in interpreting funders’ guidelines.
- Assist with proposal planning and process management.
- Provide proposal development resources, including the Funded Proposal Library.
- Assist with conceptualizing and building competitive budgets.
- Provide data on the university research enterprise and funding portfolio.
- Draft language and letters of support.
- Edit proposal drafts.
- Assist with proposal submission.
Tips for Working with Our Team
- Contact our office early. We can assist even before you decide to pursue extramural funding to get you prepared for the process.
- Review the resources on our website first.
- Communicate with the grants development staff within your unit to understand local processes.
- Make a list of gaps in your knowledge about grantsmanship in general and/or at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Send us a lay-language description of your project idea.
- If you are looking for funding, tell us about the types of sponsors you have considered in the past (if any).
- If you want to re-submit a proposal, please share the reviewers’ comments with us.
- Let us know who your partners and collaborators are/might be.
- Make us aware of any changes in the status of your project or proposal development.