Office of Sponsored Programs Mission Statement
The Office of Sponsored Programs is VCU’s central office for managing all externally sponsored projects. Our main objective is to assist faculty and staff in accomplishing the following university goals:
- Foster a scholarly climate that inspires creativity, a free and open exchange of ideas, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, freedom of expression, and intellectual integrity;
- Expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding through research, scholarship, and creative expression in the sciences, arts, humanities, and professional disciplines.
Sponsored Programs performs these basic functions:
- Review and approve all sponsored programs proposals for VCU;
- Negotiate and execute all sponsored program agreements for VCU;
- Review and submit administrative actions related to sponsor projects;
- Interpret regulatory and contractual requirements/terms of these relationships;
- Maintain OSP data and make it available to VCU faculty and administrators;
- Provide formal, informal and ad hoc training and advice to university faculty and staff in connection with sponsored projects.