Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to fostering an environment of uncompromising integrity and ethical conduct. As such, all university members are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards of professional conduct and integrity. Core values and principles in the VCU Code of Ethics include: respect, honesty, excellence, responsibility and accountability, stewardship, and compliance. These core values provide an overarching framework that applies to the conduct of research and scholarly activities carried out by university members.
About Research Misconduct
- » Responsible Conduct of Research at VCU
- » Office of Research Integrity, (ORI) DHHS
- Research Misconduct Case Summaries
- “The Lab: Avoiding Misconduct” - interactive video
- “The Research Clinic” - interactive video
- 5 Ways Supervisors Can Promote Research Integrity - infographic
- Be Available and Approachable
- Review Raw Data
- Communicate Your Expectations
- Provide Training and Guidance
- Know Your Research Integrity Officer (RIO)
Responsibility to Report Misconduct
Anyone who becomes aware of a possible incident of research misconduct by a member of the university must immediately report the information to the Research Integrity Officer (RIO).
- Monika Markowitz, PhD, VCU Research Integrity Officer, Office of Research Integrity and Ethics, (804) 827-2157, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or contact the Office of Research Integrity and Ethics, email@example.com
Alternatively, concerns may be reported to any of the contacts below. If the concern involves research, it is referred to the RIO.