Research ethics consultation
Research ethics consultations provide a confidential outlet to address concerns related to issues involving research ethics, including:
- Aspects of protocol design
- Protocol problems
- Questions about regulatory oversight
- Addressing participant complaints
- Concerns about research integrity in the conduct of the research
- Authorship and publication issues
- Concerns about conflicts of interest
Consultations are available to all members of the VCU community, including investigators, research personnel, students, IRB and IACUC members and staff, and past and present research participants.
For concerns about research misconduct – specifically, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism – see our research misconduct page.