Research Development Advisory Council (ReDAC)
The Research Development Advisory Council (ReDAC) was inaugurated in 2006. Its members are associate/assistant deans for research or individuals who hold comparable responsibilities for research development within their respective academic college or school. Council members represent the research interests of each of the academic schools and colleges at VCU, make policy recommendations to the vice president for research and innovation and serve as a conduit of information from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation back to their constituencies. The council meets monthly with the vice president for research and innovation and the associate vice president for research development to address topics of specific interest to the VCU research enterprise, to discuss policy issues, and to identify resources and supports necessary for increasing the strength and competitiveness of VCU as a research university. Affiliate non-voting members are appointed to ReDAC on a case-by-case basis by the vice president for research and innovation in consultation with the academic vice presidents.
Michael Donnenberg, M.D., chair
Senior associate dean for research and research training, School of Medicine
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-0673
Vacant, vice chair (until July 1, 2021)
Aaron Anderson, Ph.D.
Associate chair and director of undergraduate studies, School of the Arts
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 828-6741
Douglas Davis, Ph.D.
Director of research, School of Business
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-7140
Ram Gupta, Ph.D.
Associate dean for faculty research development, College of Engineering
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 828-1211
Associate dean for research, College of Humanities and Sciences
Shoou-Yih Daniel Lee, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Dean for Research and Strategic Initiatives, College of Health Professions
Aron Lichtman, Ph.D.
Associate dean for research and graduate education, School of Pharmacy
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-8480
Iain Morgan, Ph.D.
Associate dean for research, School of Dentistry
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 828-0149
Robyn Diehl McDougle, Ph.D.
Associate dean of research and outreach, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-2759
Sarah Kye Price, Ph.D.
Associate dean for faculty development, School of Social Work
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 828-0579
Kathleen Rudasill, Ph.D.
Senior associate dean for research and faculty development, School of Education
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 827-9337
John Ryan, Ph.D.
Associate vice president for research development
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 827-2267
Amy Salisbury, Ph.D., RN
Associate dean for research, scholarship and innovation, School of Nursing
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-2095
Robert Tombes, Ph.D.
Vice provost for life sciences and research
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 827-1865
Daniel Bullard, Ph.D.
Dean, Graduate School
Associate university librarian for scholarly communications and publishing, VCU Libraries
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 827-3551
Amanda Hall, Ph.D.
Director of community-engaged research and special projects, Center for Community Engagement and Impact
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone (804) 827-4204
John Leonard II, Ph.D.
Executive associate dean and professor, College of Engineering
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-9228
Director of development, Division of Development and Alumni Relations
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (804) 827-2007
Said Sebti, Ph.D.
Associate director for basic research, Massey Cancer Center
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (804) 828-6995
ReDAC meeting presentations
- Mike Newsome’s presentation on the New FACR model – (January 2021)
- Tina Cunningham’s presentation on Cybersecurity maturity model certification – (January 2021)
- Teresa Knott’s presentation on the Sanger series – (March 2021)
- Karolina Aberg’s presentation on the VCU Genomics Core – (April 2021)
- Kathy Rudasill’s presentation on FACR distribution – (April 2021)
- Emily Lilley’s and Dr. Judy Silberg’s presentation on the Mid-Atlantic Twin Registry – (April 2021)
- Lisa Ballance’s presentation on OVPRI updates – (April 2021)
- Paul Fawcett’s and Jim Ward’s presentation on Research core facilities and searchable list of HEETF equipment (May 2021)
- Lane Carasik’s presentation on VCU’s High Performance Research Computing Core – (May 2021)
- Dr. Michael Idowu’s presentation on VCU’s Tissue Data Acquisition and Analysis Core – (May 2021)
- Dr. John Leonard - Federal Demonstration Partnership (January 2020)
- Dr. Doug Davis - Research at the School of Business (February 2020)
- Quinton Johnson - Foreign Influence in Research (August 2020)
- Melissa Throckmorton and Joshua Hahn - OVPRI’s Research Development Services (September 2020)
- James Parrish’s, Dr. Sandy Turnage’s, and Ariana Bracalente’s Presentation on Pursuing Corporate and Foundation Funding (October 2020)
- Dr. Henry Rozycki’s Presentation on the Child Health Research Institute (October 2020)
- Dr. Monika Markowitz’s Presentation on a VCU-wide RCR initiative for faculty (October 2020)
- Dr. Meredith Weiss - Administration (December 2019)
- Dr. Joshua Langberg - College of Humanities and Sciences (December 2019)
- Carly Katz and Miles Gordon - Government Relations (December 2019)
- Jimmy Ghaphery - VCU Libraries (November 2019)
- Dr. Michael Donnenberg - Research at the School of Medicine (October 2019)
- Dr. Gregory Triplett - Research at the College of Engineering (September 2019)
- John Horigan - Office of Research Subject Protection (April 2019)
- Dr. Monika Markowitz - COI in Research (March 2019)
- Dr. Aron Lichtman - Research at the School of Pharmacy (March 2019)
- Tina Cunningham - F&A Fundamentals (March 2019)
- Dr. Kathy Rudasill - Research at the School of Education (February 2019)